Friday, May 24, 2013

Pixel Art

      Hi everyone, I just wanted to show you all some things that I made the other day. I was over on Dakka Dakka the other day looking at all their little orkmoticons and all their other smilies. I noticed that there were no terminator icons, so I thought I'd see if I could whip one up. Well as you might expect it wasn't as easy as it looks. I made one that was 40x40 pixels (above) which wasn't too bad, but when I tried to make the 16x16 pixel ones that Dakka uses i ran into some problems. Mainly that it is really hard to take 256 little squares and make them into something that looks recognizable as a terminator helmet. But eventually I did it! And here it is:
     You may have noticed that I added it as the blog's favicon (I just learned that is what the little icon on website tabs is called) which is pretty nifty. I also attempted the deathwing symbol and got this:
     So what do you think? Kinda look like a terminator? I actually had a lot of fun trying to figure out how to make these, so i think I'll keep going. I think I'll try to make a Rhino next, and then maybe a Land Raider, and who knows what else! Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a "little bit" cool ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...